Click to Complete Survey
To be eligible, students must be 5 (five) years of age by September 1, 2020.
A waiver would need to be completed for students whose birthdate is between September 2-December 1, 2020.
- 2020-2021 School Calendar
- School of Choice Form (in PDF)
- Enrollment Form (in PDF)
- 2020-2021 Free & Reduced Meal Application
- Frequently Asked Questions Free & Reduced Meal Application
- Student Bus Change Request Form
- Pathways to Potential (in Word)
- Clubs & Extracurricular Activities (in PDF)
- Process to Handle Concerns (in PDF)
- Michigan Special Education Safeguards
Bad Axe is a rural community with a population of approximately 3,000. It is the county seat for Huron County located in the Upper "Thumb" of Michigan. The district encompasses the City of Bad Axe and parts of Verona, Colfax, Meade, Lincoln, Sheridan, and Bingham townships.
Within close proximity to the school campus is the Huron Medical Center, Huron Intermediate School District and Technical Center, Huron County Fairgrounds and Ice Arena, Huron County Courthouse, Gemini Group Inc., Huron Daily Tribune, Huron County View, Bad Axe Theatre, WLEW Radio, and a wide variety of shopping, restaurants, and other locally owned businesses.
ONCE A HATCHET.....ALWAYS A HATCHET!
Bad Axe Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of the Protected Classes of race, color, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation and transgender identity), disability, age (except as authorized by law), religion, military status, ancestry or genetic information (collectively, "Protected Classes") in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints on discrimination may be directed to Gregory M. Newland, Superintendent at 989-269-9938.